That is the question on the minds of many of our Mama’s these days!
Here’s our 2 cents…
The benefits of purchasing a resale home in AZ:
- The neighborhood is established and complete with mature landscaping.
- Location, location, location… resale homes tend to be closer to City center.
- Most likely, if there is a backyard, the landscaping is complete.
- Resales are typically less expensive.
- Most new builds are in an HOA but many resale homes in this area are not. Unless you build custom (and, in some cases, even customs can be in an HOA community) you will likely be in an HOA community. An HOA is a neighborhood governing body that establishes and enforces specific community rules.
- Approximately 30 days until move in.
- You can get a “fixer upper” or a distressed / under market sale.
The benefits to purchasing a new build home in AZ:
- The choice of lot, elevation, floor plan, upgrades and extras.
- The latest technology and energy efficiency.
- The opportunity to design your backyard landscaping.
- Warranty’s on all the big stuff like A/C units, roof, kitchen appliances, etc.
- HOA communities insist that a certain level of property maintenance is consistent throughout the community which is desirable.
- Most new build communities have quick move in homes or “specs” available…just ask your real estate agent for a list!
- In some cases you can negotiate the price or incentives offered on a new build home. In most cases, if you use the builder’s preferred lender, there are additional incentives offered.
Follow Jen Duncan as she takes us through every step of her CURRENT new build home purchase. They have just begun the journey and so far it’s been a wild ride! Here’s her blog #NewBuildNinja
Contact Jennifer@EvoAZ.com for info on new build communities in your area.